Stony Kill Cabin: A-Frame Kerhonkson Getaway with Modern Kitchen & Firepit
Stony Kill Cabin is your modern oasis, secluded in the heart of Kerhonkson. It’s located a minute down to the road from Stony Kill Trailhead which is a gorgeous trail with scenic views and a gorgeous waterfall! The house itself has a midcentury modern design with a modern open kitchen and ample outdoor entertaining space. Near the towns of Accord, New Paltz, Gardiner, High Falls, and Stone Ridge.
*NOTE: There is 1 bathroom here. The wifi is satellite, so it is NOT great for multiple Zoom calls.*
*If you would like to bring a dog, you *must* add it to the reservation under the # of guests section upon booking. One dog is allowed per reservation unless otherwise approved by the host (please send us a message). Sorry, we do not allow cats. Please abide by our pet rules.
This property is managed by Home Sweet Hudson, a trusted & local management company. Our team is passionate about connecting with each guest and providing unique stay places for your Hudson Valley vacation! We’re here to help answer any questions and provide thoughtful support throughout your trip.
Home Sweet Hudson has partnered with local third-party vendors who offer amazing add-on features to your stay. The Hudson Valley is a beautiful area to relax and rejuvenate, and now you can do it from the comfort of your ‘home’!
Private Yoga Classes: Bring the studio vibes to you, and enjoy a tailored private yoga class.
In-Home Private Chefs: Skip the shopping and experience fine dining with locally sourced ingredients, seasonal menus, and delicious wine pairings.
Private Massage Session: Whether you’ve been hiking, skiing, or just taking in the views, an in-home massage is a perfect way to unwind on your vacation.
Interested in learning more? Be sure to message us with what services you’d like to explore so we can check availability and help coordinate your experience!
The updated kitchen includes stainless steel appliances, a peninsula with breakfast bar seating, dishwasher, electric cooktop and a small oven. The kitchen is open to the dining and living spaces for easy flow. There is a large farm table for easy entertaining and long memorable meals.
INDOOR LIVING SPACE:
The living room includes a Smart TV streaming services available to be used with your personal credentials) and wood stove (available from October – April; using provided BioBlocks only). The space creates the perfect setting a cozy movie night or just relaxation with a crackling fire. There is also a record player (which can be connected to a sound bar) as well as a variety of games.
- 2 bedrooms and common bathroom w/ shower tub combo
- Upstairs has 1 bedroom with private deck
A washer and dryer are available for your convenience.
OUTDOOR LIVING SPACE
There is an spacious outdoor deck with propane grill available for use. There is also a fire pit available for your enjoyment. Some firewood may be provided and you can purchase more at any local gas station in the area.
*There is only one bathroom.
*The property has satellite internet which works well for everyday use but may be slow for frequent video conferencing. Streaming videos may be slow.
You can rest easy knowing your stay is covered with $1,500 in “All-Risk” Damage Protection. Although rare, accidental damage from guests does happen. Traditionally, this was managed via a security deposit or vacation rental damage insurance purchased by the guest. Both are cumbersome and often have big limitations in protection.
With “all-risk” protection, all accidental damage from a guest is covered unless specifically excluded such as, but not limited to, normal wear and tear, infestation, or prior damage.
We hope you enjoy your vacation with peace of mind knowing that if an accident happens and damages occur, you are protected under Waivo.
Home Sweet Hudson is a proud member of VRMA, an international Vacation Rental Management Association. Our mission as a professional management company is to foster professionalism, collaboration, and growth for short-term rentals in our area. We hope you will help us support our mission by abiding by all of our house rules, supporting our local community, and being respectful of the home during your time in the beautiful Hudson Valley.
- Routinely scheduled maintenance by Home Sweet Hudson team members or lawn care/snow plowing may happen during your stay. This also includes garbage pick up, linen pickup, hot tub service, and pool cleanings.
- Parking shall be allowed solely in the designated parking spaces
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Weapons are strictly prohibited
- Please adhere to safety instructions for fireplaces, firepits, etc.
- Due to the risk of fire, please do not charge your electric car on the property.
- We do not allow parties or extra guests outside the maximum occupancy allowed on the reservation. We also ask you to follow the good neighbor guidelines and abide by quiet hours after 9 pm.
- Please do not trespass on property boundaries
- Ticks, bugs, and wildlife are a regular part of Upstate, NY. Tick prevention sprays for yards are very toxic to animals and pets, so we do not use them. Please be mindful of checking yourself when spending time outside.
- Tents, yurts, and other camping equipment are prohibited
Moderate Cancellation Policy:
Guests can cancel until 5 days before check-in for a full refund, and you won’t be paid
If they cancel after that, you’ll be paid for each night they stay, plus 1 additional night, plus 50% for all unspent nights